Yesterday I wanted to try to use the pre-released Windows 10 on my Lumia 920 device. Per Microsoft, Windows 10 should work fine on my phone. But unfortunately that wasn’t the case. After installing windows 10, the tiles wasn’t showing up and the mobile devise wasn’t charging at all. So I decided to rollback to Windows 8.1. the good thing is Microsoft provided a backward path to roll back from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1. it was easy steps to follow; basically you need to do the followings:
- Backup your data on the phone
- On your PC Install Windows Phone Recovery Tool from Microsoft
- Start the recovery tool on your PC
- Connect your phone to your laptop by using the USB cable
- Tool will detect your phone and model. Click on the phone model detected.
- Follow the wizard and read the warning messages carefully.
- Windows 8.1 compatible with your device will be downloaded it is around 1.4 GB. then it will be installed on your phone. This will wipe all of your data and settings form the phone and install a fresh copy of Windows 8.1
For more info, check this article here